The company’s history
Tarpaulins are more than coated fabric - they allow inspiration and individual solutions of appliance.
The Bieri Weber Planen GmbH company looks back at a long history steeped in tradition.
In the early 19th century, the Robert Weber Mühlenwerke was founded. Their main activity consisted of delivering straw (e. g. for riding stables) trough the entire former German Reich using private sidings.
At that time, establishing the production of sail-canvases enabled delivering dry materials.
The beginning of a tradition-steeped company…
Important cornerstones …
- 1894 Foundation of Robert Weber Mühlenwerke in Drentwede – Shipping of straw and production of sail-canvases
- 1960 Reorganization of sail-canvases to truck tarpaulins made of PVC-coated fabric
- 1992 Extension of tarpaulin production, reconstruction of former grain warehouse into production hall
- 1994 Suspension of Thomas Birkner for administrative work
- 1998 Sale of tarpaulin production to Strahmann and foundation of Weber Planen GmbH
- 2005 Sale of Weber Planen GmbH to Bieri Blachen AG (Switzerland) and foundation of Bieri Weber Planen GmbH
- 2007 Beginning of tarpaulin delivery to key account Bernhard Krone Fahrzeugwerke
- 2008 Cargoplan in Konin was taken over by Bieri Weber Planen GmbH
- 2008 Foundation of branch office in Konin
- 2004 Bieri Weber Planen GmbH was taken over by the Italien large group il telone